Technician - Volkswagen Van Centre, Norwich
- MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To carry out service and repair of franchised vehicles to satisfactory standards commensurate with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To carry out such servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner.
- OBJECTIVES AND KEY TASKS
- To ensure that the vehicles worked on are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of the vehicle whilst it is on the premises for repair or service.
- To ensure vehicles are road tested in a safe and professional manner with due regard to speed limits, road law, other road users and pedestrians.
- To make use of Franchise Special Tools, Specialist Service Equipment and Franchise Training to improve workshop efficiency.
- To ensure effective use of technical knowledge/skills enabling effective, economic and safe servicing of customers' vehicles.
- To fulfill all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
- To ensure that customers vehicles are serviced or repaired within the timescale allowed and to the quality demanded by the customer and company with a first time fix of faults.
- To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined, and to report all servicing requirements and associated work noticed whilst working on the vehicle to the Team Leader or Service Advisor.
- MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
- To road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when required by the Service Team Leader.
- To carry out routine servicing, warranty repairs, diagnosis of vehicle problems and general maintenance of vehicles as required.
- To maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of Franchise vehicles.
- To take an active part in upholding the companies Health and Safety policy.
- To be conversant with all Manufacturer technical literature and information bulletins.
- To keep work area and protective clothing clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold the Manufacturers and Company image.
- To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer and that faults have been reported and noted on job card.
- To talk directly to customers when required.
- To undertake Manufacturers Training Courses as advised by the Service Quality Manager.
To apply, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.