Accounts Assistant - Volkswagen, Peterborough
Key Purpose of Job
- To keep accurate books of prime entry
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To maintain cash received book.
- Reconcile and post all cash received on a daily basis
- To record and post all direct debit & receipts from the bank statements on a daily basis
- To reconcile bank account on a regular basis and complete the monthly bank reconciliation.
- To register all supplier invoices promptly, and pass to the relevant department for authorisation.
- To pass registered invoices that have not been verified through Purchase Control.
- To liaise with Group Purchase Controller to follow up any invoices not passed for payment.
- To reconcile and manage the main supplier reconciliation (manufacturer)
- To maintain adequate and standard filing systems
- To raise cheques on production of a duly authorised cheque req.
- To maintain the site petty cash
- To review Marketing 6 debtors on a regular basis and liaise with local management to help control debts
- To provide support to other finance functions as required
- To ensure that, within your area of responsibility, all company policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements are adhered to
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy
To apply, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.
NB: We reserve the right to withdraw vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.