Technician - Citroen, Peterborough
- MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To carry out service and repair of franchised vehicles to satisfactory standards commensurate with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To carry out such servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner.
- OBJECTIVES AND KEY TASKS
- To ensure that the vehicles worked on are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of the vehicle whilst it is on the premises for repair or service.
- To ensure vehicles are road tested in a safe and professional manner with due regard to speed limits, road law, other road users and pedestrians.
- To make use of Franchise Special Tools, Specialist Service Equipment and Franchise Training to improve workshop efficiency.
- To ensure effective use of technical knowledge/skills enabling effective, economic and safe servicing of customers' vehicles.
- To fulfil all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
- To ensure that customers vehicles are serviced or repaired within the timescale allowed and to the quality demanded by the customer and company with a first time fix of faults.
- To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined, and to report all servicing requirements and associated work noticed whilst working on the vehicle to the Team Leader or Service Advisor.
- MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
- To road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when required by the Service Team Leader.
- To carry out routine servicing, warranty repairs, diagnosis of vehicle problems and general maintenance of vehicles as required.
- To maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of Franchise vehicles.
- To take an active part in upholding the companies Health and Safety policy.
- To be conversant with all Manufacturer technical literature and information bulletins.
- To keep work area and protective clothing clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold the Manufacturers and Company image.
- To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer and that faults have been reported and noted on job card.
- To talk directly to customers when required.
- To undertake Manufacturers Training Courses as advised by the Service Quality Manager.
If you are interested in applying, believe you have the necessary qualities and are interested in being part of this team, please send a CV in pdf format to: email@example.com
*Please note, we can only accept CV's in PDF format. NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.